QUALITY & CHARACTERISTICS
- Ph.elaion is a premium high phenolic extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) produced by cold extraction.
- It is monovarietal, extracted form olives of Koroneiki variety, which is a native one in Greece.
- Its taste is quite bitter and mildly spicy due to the high phenolic index with fresh and strong fruit notes and aromas.
- It contains total phenols of more than 1000mg/kg, higher than the average of international olive oil samplings that were included in a study of the of University California, Davis. It has a health claim according to the EU 432/2012 regulation. It is certified by the Laboratory of Pharmacognosy and Chemistry of Natural Products, School of Pharmacy, University of Athens.
- Ph.elaion is exceptional, as a superior category extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) produced by cold extraction directly from olives and solely by mechanical means. Its consumption has health benefits for human health.
Ph.έλαιον (ph.elaion) was named after the Greek letter “Φ” (Phi) and the ancient Greek word “έλαιον” (é.lai̯.on, eleon) that means the fatty liquid that is obtained by pressed olives. The letter “Φ” is distinct at the logo to remind the high content in phenols, that have antioxidant and pharmaceutical action. The green hexagon ring with the “O” inside with the green line attached to it represent the chemical structure of a phenol ie. the benzene and the –OH group characteristic of phenols.
Phenolic compounds in Ph.elaion are higher than the average of international olive oil samplings that were included in a study of the of University Californa, Davis, and Ph.elaion has a health claim according to the EU 432/2012 regulation. Ph.elaion contains at least ten times more polyphenols than the average olive oil.
Polyphenols are compounds with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, gut supporting, anti- diabetic, cancer fighting properties and protect the heart, control blood lipids and improve brain function. They also contribute to longevity and have anti-ageing qualities.
Clinical trials confirm the beneficial effects of daily intake of olive oil rich in phenols. According to the EU 432/2012 regulation, olive oils that contain more than 5 mg of tyrosol and hydroxytyrosol derivatives per 20g of product protect against blood lipid oxidation, that causes early ageing and several diseases. Daily consumption of 20 g of ph.elaion offers all the above benefits to human health without any side effects or interaction with other treatments.
The chemical content of high phenolic olive oil includes fatty acids with high oleic, linoleic, palmitoleic and stearic acids.
It contains squalene and antioxidants such as vitamin E, beta-carotene, and phenols.
|Fat of which
|Carbohydrates of which
Ph.elaion is bottled in patented dark glass bottles that guarantee 99% protection from UV rays that can interact with and alter foodstuffs.
Hence, the light does not affect the olive oil’s quality or desirable characteristics.
Ph.elaion is bottled upon demand of the client, to guarantee it will still be extra virgin and high phenolic by the time you buy it.